This Tom Yum Spaghetti recipe is irresistable!
It is a Thai Fusion dish that incorporates pasta noodles with asian spices and aroma.
An Asian style pasta you might say…
For this recipe I used shrimp as my protein, but of course you can use your prefered protein choice.
It is only a one portion quick fix, but if you must make this for a larger group, I would recommend making the sauce first and pour over the pasta. Since that is probably the best solution and method for serving more portions at a time.
Tom Yum Spaghetti (Shrimp)
- 5 oz Spaghetti
- 1 tbsp Tom Yum Paste
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1 tsp Fish Sauce
- 1 tbsp sugar
- 1 cup Spaghetti tomato sauce Use original (no meat sauce)
- 8-10 each Shrimp (peeled & devein) or other protein
- Garlic coarsely smashed
- Shallots thin sliced
- Parmesan Cheese Grated
- Red Onions sliced lengthwise
- Mushrooms I used Bunapi mushroom
- Thai Basil
- kaffir lime leaves optional
- Grape/Cherry Tomatoes cut halves
Cook Noodles & Sauce at same time
- cook your spaghetti as instructed on the package. (5 min)add salt and a bit of olive oil to water for boil.
- As your noodles are cooking, start to cook your sauce in a separate pan:
Pre cook your protein
- on medium- high heat. add olive oil to pan.Cook your shrimp and set aside. This is so the shrimp won't be overcooked.
- In the same pan:bring to temperature & add in your coarsely smashed garlic, and sliced shallots. Bring out the aroma (1 min).add mushrooms.
- add 1 tbsp Tom Yum paste, red onions, kaffir lime leaves (2), tomato sauce, 1 tbsp sugar, 1 tsp fish sauce.
- add cherry/grape tomatoes.stir and let simmer for 1 min.
- As your noodles are finish cooking over at the other pot, take noodles from pot and add to sauce directly.
- add your cooked shrimp and/or other cooked protein.
- give a good toss and cook another minute.
- transfer to plate and top with thai basil & grated parmesan cheese.